Monday, February 1, 2010

Shalom

Finally finished my Shalom Cardigan. It looks nicer in person, hard to take a picture of yourself in the mirror, but what can you do? The yarn is Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool, which I dyed myself (again, colour is nicer in person than it appears in photo). If I ever decide to do this pattern again, I would make it smaller; I find it a wee bit big on me.


The colour actually looks like this:


The button is lovely. I got it from an etsy seller here. Her pottery is absolutely gorgeous.







Meanwhile I have been struggling with some Manos del Uruguay yarn that was gifted to me at least a year ago. Gorgeous stuff in purple and blue. I tried a February Lady Sweater, but that didn't work, so have attempted to force it into being a Liesl Cardigan, and it doesn't want to be that either. I think I'm going to do another Mini-Cardi with it. I saw some variations on Ravelry with longer bodies and sleeves, so am gonna give that a try. The plan was, after finishing my Hat Trick KAL and before starting the Ravelympics, to crank out a quick and easy cardi. Which doesn't leave me much time. Ah well, it will be what it will be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment