Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ravelympics 2010

The gold metal hockey game has just started and I'm trying to get some catching-up done. I'm on Team Puck This! on Ravelry and had originally decided to knit a pair of socks in the Sock Hockey event. However, due to various reasons, including a very sore right hand and arm, I dropped that idea. I'm still working on the first sock.

I found out at the end of last weekend that there is an event for dyers, Downhill Dyeing. Aha! I still had a chance! So yesterday I hauled out the dye pot and came up with four new colourways, all done in sock yarn.

Speed Merchant (named for Jack Laviolette)

Phantom Joe (named for Joe Malone)

Ambidexterous (for Bill Durnan)

And Chicoutimi Cucumber (Georges Vezina)
I'll most likely be putting these yarns in my shop next weekend, along with a couple others I haven't gotten around to. Work has left me worn out, and I don't expect it to get any better for the month of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment