Friday, March 27, 2009

The Flower

This is a picture of a new colourway I came up with last weekend - The Flower, in honour of Guy Lafleur. I had taken a couple of pictures the evening I put the yarn up in my shop, but wasn't satisfied with how the colours came out, so took this pic the next evening. But before I could get the pic posted, the yarn had sold. Along with a hank of Le Gros Bill and a set of stitch markers. I am gobsmacked, I can barely keep up. I've got two yarns and a set of markers left in the shop. Thankfully some new yarns arrived this week, so I'll be working on getting those dyed up and I am hoping my bead order comes today so I can get more markers made.

Meanwhile, I have to work on a letter to the Kid's Foundation to send along with my first cheque, which I'm estimating will be around $100. Which gobsmacks me even more. When I started this thing and was figuring out how I would handle passing the money along, I thought I would do it once a month, or maybe two at most, depending on whether or not I sold anything. And in less that three weeks, I've sold eight yarns and two sets of markers. I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'm gonna keep on saying it. Knitters are awesome people.

1 comment: