Friday, November 13, 2009

My Precious Yarn


Newest colourway: Jaroslav Halak. I will try to get a better picture this weekend, as the colours as they appear here are more intense in real life. Top hank is a wool/nylon blend and bottom hank is wool/alpaca/nylon. I have learned that alpaca does not pull up the dye as much as wool, since the colours come out more muted with the alpaca. hmm.
I really need to get my butt in gear in regards to the upkeep of the shop. I need to do a bit of dyeing, but am quite low on base yarns. That situation needs to be rectified. Also, I have not as yet sent off a cheque to the Kid's Foundation. Only gotten as far as typing up a letter, so that is on the list of things to do for this weekend. I also have a few ideas floating around in my brain that need to be brought to fruition. Getting Rejean Houle to autograph his yarn was great, and has me wondering who else I could get to sign yarn labels. I am thinking it might not be outside the realm of possibility to get signed Beliveau yarns. But first I want to spiffy up the labels, nothing too fancy, but they could be a bit better.
I've also been thinking of designing a few patterns to sell. I've had some great ideas, but finding the time to make them a reality is an entirely different thing. Stupid job takes up a lot of time, not to mention all the day-to-day stuff. And then there's the Christmas knitting that needs to be take care of.
Sigh.
Well, first things first. I have Halak yarn to reskein, base yarns to order, and a cheque to put in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment